Strawberries are a versatile fruit- they make a great snack or dessert, but can also pair nicely with salty foods or meats to balance savory flavors with a touch of sweetness! Try this easy 5-ingredient salsa at your next cookout- either on top of some grilled chicken, or as a dip for chips!
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- Half of a small red onion, peeled and finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro, loosely-packed
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
- (Pinch of salt and black pepper)
Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper if needed. If you would like a sweeter salsa, feel free to stir in a few teaspoons of warmed honey.
Recipe From: Gimme Some Oven