In honor of National Muffin Day, we decided to share one of our staff members favorite blueberry muffin recipes! Unlike traditional blueberry muffins, they are low in sugar, high in fiber and flavorful!
2 Tablespoons butter
2/3 cup plain yogurt (whole milk or 2%)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in microwave.
- Stir in egg, yogurt and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and stir until just combined.
- Gently mix in berries, reserving a tablespoon or two.
- Fill lined muffin pans 3/4 of the way full. Will make 7-8 muffins.
- Press a few berries into the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.